Reflecting on 22.

12:35:00


"Nobody likes you when you're 23..." Well, we shall see about that one.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to me I suppose, for last week. 
Getting on a bit now, should probably start sorting my life out.

22 was a good year. It's been a massive whirlwind of emotions, but it's been good. I remember waking up the day after my 22nd Birthday and just thinking "Wow, last night was so good." It was at that moment I decided I was going to care less, so that's what I did. 

I remember crying so much at 20 and 21 over the most stupid things and people. 
I feel that 22 was probably a really good start in being more selfish - in the way of looking out for number one.
I really think this last year has given me the opportunity to focus on myself. When I was unemployed after university I spent a lot of time alone, taking myself on walks. It's a bit cheesy to say I was finding myself, but I had a lot of time to reflect.  
I found that moving back home from uni a very hard process - but whats a year if there's no downs? I was miserable, I've never felt so out of place and lonely in my own village. Ever felt that everyone has moved on and you've been let behind? It's horrible and it took me a long time to come round, but we got there. 

When I was 21 I was so focused on becoming 19 again. I go back and read my blog post from my 21st birthday  and it makes me sad for that girl. It's not until I look back - at the place I am in now - I realise how lost I was. And I didn't realise how long it took me to get it back.

I can confirm that when I was 22 I got my mojo back. I can honestly say I got my confidence back and I just genuinely enjoyed life. I feel myself for the first time in a long time. 

If anything being 22 has taught me that you're allowed to be at the bottom of the hill, but imagine the view from the top. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe