Sober November.

19:39:00

Hello... I know, it's been a while. Almost over a month? I'm sorry. I've been super busy with uni work.. I still am, right up until the Christmas Break! But I'm gonna try and fit the ole blog in again, I kinda miss stressing over what to write about...

So. Me and my housemates were sat around after Halloween on November the 1st came to the terrible decision to do Sober November, for various reasons. To generally be healthier people, lose weight, save some money and just prove to everyone that we can do it. (Ok, so I had a drink on day 3, but wasn't drunk so we're not counting it). Basically I never realised how hard this would be. Which sounds awful, I wouldn't say I'm an alcoholic, but then I do go out on the lash at least once a week. But I'm a Uni student, cut me some slack! Doing this is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, uni is pretty stressful at the moment and I haven't really had chance to let my hair down, saying that I wouldn't say I need alcohol to have fun as I've still been going out, once or twice a week and having fun, also looking after those who are.. Less sober. But then I also think, this is probably the longest I have gone with out a drink in 2/3 maybe longer years. Going back to when I said I wasn't an alcoholic, the last sentence doesn't mean I got lashed every day, but it was just a casual drink. Just one. It's crazy.


Around the 18th/19th day the drinking ban really hit us in our house, we had all been so stressed through not drinking (bare in mind we are students). Tension was so high we hated each other. We were at each other's throats, blaming each other and just snappy in general. It was unhealthy. We did end up speaking it out and having a laugh about it. 

I also never realised how bad people are when they're drunk. People become rise, and loud and embarrassing. Watching this made me consider ever drinking again. Genuinely. But I also noticed how I was so different around drunk people. I apologise, I'm so polite, yet I never get the same treatment back. Oh, and the embarrassment of ordering water at the bar. Yeah that. Some exciting things have come out of Sober November. My friend accidentally knocking someone out, many pointless drunkeb arguments taking place, and realising I don't only fall down stairs when I'm drunk, but I am indeed a clumsy madem and I mustn't blame alcohol for this clumsiness. 

Any who, here was are on day 23, still (kinda) going strong. We've made it through many nights out with the help of red bull and pro-plus. However we will be extremely happy when this next week is over! But I will definitely be considering doing it again! Very strange experience! 

(DUE TO THE LACK OF POSTS I WILL BE TREATING YOU LUCKY PEOPLE TO A POST A DAY. YEA A DAY. IN DECEMBER AS PART OD BLOGMAS.) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe